MATH STARS PLUS 2016
Version 2016r1 (Mar. 2016)
- Improved icons
- Fixed bug in Math Squares Undo
- added UI items for consistency
- Now plays the tutorial movie in the default browser
- Maintains current player when returning to name Screen
- improve and update online help. some images not showing
- change trial period to 15 days
- Added way to turn speech off from game screen
- Reduce price to $4.99
- Several minor bug fixes
Version 2014r1 (Nov, 2013)
- New: Removed the seldom-used networking function
- New: Removed the Class Lists in favor of a simpler user interface
- New: Compiled the Mac version for Cocoa, the latest OSX framework
- New: Added modern, colorful graphics
- New: Removed Mind Games game and added MathCentration game
- New: Added quick "How To Play" help to each screen and placed a full help version online.
- New: Game results now incorporated in the screen eliminating the pop up window
- Fixed: Improved other minor interface elements
- Fixed: Improved the animation of the Basket O'Math game
Version 2012r1 (Nov, 2011)
- New: Reduced the registration price by 50%
- New: Made some screens larger and resizable
- New: Removed the toolbar on some screens
- New: Improved the Class Screen
- New: Horizontal problems now also animate.
- New: Removed the 'Primary' player designation and added an easy start button to the setup screen.
- Fixed: Fixed lower number no longer set as choice when changing highest number allowed.
- Fixed: Improved graphics
Version 2010r2 (Aug, 2010)
- Added printing of the Help contents
- Added a preference to turn on/off the animation of numbers in the Math Stars screen
- Added option for students to join a different class when adding own name
- Changed background of larger windows
- Disabled "2 + x = 4" option when using a fixed lower number.
- Added screen to catch and report application crashes
- Added a darker text on some buttons for better readability
- Removed the close button on the starting screen for Primary level users
- Added new sounds
- Improved the operand pictures.
- Fixed a bug with "hide/show index" on the Help Screen
- (Mac only) Added standard indicators when the Create New Problems screen needs to be saved.
Version 2010r1.1 (Sept. 1, 2009) **Macintosh Only
- Verified compatible with Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) - Sept 3, 2009
- Fixed a bug which caused the Data File to not be installed on a new install. Affected Mac platform only.
New in Version 2010r1 (August, 2009)
- Added ability to use "Math Stars Plus 2010" on a local network (site license required)
- Moved location of preferences and data files for improved compatibility with Vista and OS 10.5
- Students now earn stars a half start at a time for more frequent encouragement.
- Students can now add their name to any of the teacher-created classes
- Added ability to import names from a text file or from "QuizMaker Pro 2009".
- Fixed Help viewer which was not working correctly under OS 10.5 (Mac)
- Added a more consistent look and feel from screen to screen
- Added color to the action buttons to assist younger children in identifying the correct button
- Splash screen is no longer full screen
- Fixed incorrect logic which allowed repeated numbers with subtraction
- Improved "auto-update" experience for previously registered users
- Dropped the Customize screen in favor of a tabbed Preferences screen
- Redesigned "About" Screen
- Improved the look and performance of the "Basket-o'-Math" game.
- The last clicked square in Math Squares game now has a different appearance
- Pressing RETURN or ENTER now starts a game.
New in Version 2008r1 (January, 2008)
- Added cross platform licensing capability
- Improved About Screen
- Disabled "My Setting" button on the Game Screen for the primary players
- Added animation to the Check for Upgrade screen
- Changed appearance of Start Button on each screen when it is disabled.
- Fixed error on the Basket Game Screen, now correctly reads "Highest Score"
- Fixed error in the Create Problems screen. Will now only allow 3 digits for top number and 2 digits for bottom.
- Added warning to the admin when changing the criteria for a star.
- Fixed errors when exporting a list of names to a text file.
- Removed unnecessary "beeps" when changing functions in Create Problem Sets.
- Moved Preferences menu item to the Admin Menu (Windows only).