Uploading A Quiz
A test creator can upload a test to a local server or a location on the internet. To do so, the test creator and all prospective students must have FTP access to this location. Potential uses for this feature are as follows:
- A test administrator creates a test, enables the Email results to option and uploads the test.
- Students are provided with the login information to the server.
- Students download and take the test.
- When finished, the student's results are emailed to the test admin.
- The students are prohibited from re-taking the test by the parameter settings.
How To Upload A Quiz
- Create or open a test.
- Select Upload... from the File Menu
- Enter the Server, Port (default = 21), user name and password (if required)
- You may also set a subdirectory on the server as a destination if desired.
- Click Connect.
- QuizMaker Pro connects to the site and gathers the necessary files for this quiz.
- Click Upload and all necessary files are placed on the server at the location designated.
In some situations, a test creator may post tests on a local server or on the internet for your use. When the test creator has done so, he/she should provide you with 4 vital bits of information.
To connect to a site...
- While in the Starting Screen, select Download Quizzes... from the Help Menu.
- Here is where you will place the information provided to you.
- Enter the server information.
- Unless you are told otherwise, leave the port at 21
- If a username and password is provided, enter each here.
- If no username or password is provided, check the Anonymous Login Checkbox.
- If a subdirectory is provided (i.e. public_ftp/) enter it in the lowest field.
- If no subdirectory is given, you can leave this field blank.
- Click Connect. If the information is correct, you will be connected to the designated site.
Acquiring The Tests
- If QuizMaker Pro tests have been uploaded to this site, you will see a list of 1 or more test names followed by a .qrx extension.
- This is an archive file that tells QuiaMaker Pro what files you will need to take a particular test.
- Click on one of the test names in the list, then click Select Quiz.
- All of the necessary files will be downloaded to your default Quizzes and Pictures_Movies_Sounds folders.
- Click the Close button to return to the Starting Screen.
- You can now proceed as usual and the newly downloaded test will appear in your Select A Quiz list.