Frequently Asked Questions:
How To Register your Class One Software Application
- Download the correct version for your platform (Windows or Macintosh) from this site.
- Install the application:
Windows: Double click the xxxxSetup.exe installer and follow the prompts.
Macintosh: Double click the .dmg file. An installer will open on your desktop. Drag the program folder to your Applications Folder and you are ready to go.
- Try out the application to see that it suits your needs
- When you are ready, choose Register from the Help Menu within the application
- Either fill out the form to be mailed, or, for convenience and speed, use PayPal to pay with a credit card.
- You will receive a registration code from Class One Software within 24 hours.
- Choose Register again, click the "Enter Code" tab, and enter the name and code exactly as sent to you.
- Once registered, you will no longer see the opening reminder screen and all features of the program will continue to function after the 30 day demo period.
Difficulties in registering
- Make sure that you have the correct code for the platform you are using (check the end of the code)
- Make sure that you have entered the NAME and the CODE exactly as sent to you.
(For best results, copy and paste the name and code)
- Check that there are no spaces before or after the name or code.
- If the first attempt is unsuccessful , please completely erase each edit field and try again.
Using the application on a network (LAN)
Note: This feature is available only with a site license.
- Install QuizMaker Pro on a LAN computer with admin level access.
- If you wish, you can create classes and student lists at this time, or do so later.
- Select Preferences from the Application Menu.
- Click the text Click to set a shared network (LAN) volume.
- Choose a location on the server to which all computers will have read AND write access.
- Select the directory (folder) where you wish QuizMaker Pro to store its data.
- QuizMaker Pro will create a directory ("COS") and within that directory the following folders:
- A dialog will appear asking if you wish to transfer QuizMaker Pro data from your local computer to this server location.
- Close the Network Setup Screen.
- When back in the Preferences Screen, you will see that the Set/Change buttons are no longer available, the location fields now reflect the location you just chose, and the text reads Click to change/remove a shared network volume.
- Click Save to save your settings and close the Preferences Screen.
Note: It is important to set an administrative password when the application is used on a network.
If you experience difficulty with any aspect of a Class One Software program, please contact us for assistance.